Sunday, 13 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read

How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks


I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Thinking about what I already know helps me because: it makes me think about my story and it gets me ready to read and learn.

It was really hard when: we talked about the crocodile crèche and we didn't know what it was.

Something that really helped me was: lots of practise and listening to the group.

Something new I learned was: talking and thinking before I start reading helps me to understand what I read.

Kerri Thinks
It is really helpful to think about what you already know about the story before you start reading. It means you already have ideas in your head and are ready for new thinking. When we chat about the books before and after reading I think you listen to others and share your ideas too.
Your next step is to inclrease your fluency, making your reading sound like talking and reading the punctuation. Practising plays with your group will help this.

No comments:

Post a Comment