We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initiative).
This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
- Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
- Doing something without being asked
- Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
- Leading by example… showing by doing
- It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves.
We need to think for ourselves!!
I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the classroom.
I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the playground.
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: doing something with nobody looking.
I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: reading because I follow my I time.
It was really hard when: you want to do it but you don't really care about it.
It is tricky to show initiative is tricky when you are not sure what to do, take some time, do some thinking and make a choice.