Monday, 2 March 2015

Swimming

We are learning to build our confidence in and around the water. We practise our swimming skills and love to show off our new tricks.

This is what I have been practising:
Safe entry into the pool (1/4 turn entry)
Kerri thinks



Submerge and blow bubbles
Kerri thinks



Float on my back (Starfish)
Kerri thinks


Float on my front (Starfish)
Kerri thinks



Pick up objects with my hand
Kerri thinks



Rocket arms on my front
Kerri thinks

 


Rocket arms on my back
Kerri thinks

 
Reflection:

I am really proud of:
Floating on my back like a star fish because I can do it for a long time
It is tricky when:
Picking up objects on the ground in the pool

The next thing I want to learn is: backstroke, using rocket arms on my back.
Awhina, it has been great to watch you improve your starfish during swimming this year. You could float on you back for hours! I think you can sometimes pick things up of the bottom of the pool, maybe when they haven't sunk all the way yet! Remember to keep on blowing those bubbles and to open you eyes to help you pick things up off the bottom.
Kerri

1 comment:

  1. Karla karaitiana9 March 2015 at 22:50

    Awhina. I have really noticed over the summer, how much your confidence with your swimming has grown. You have always been nervous when it came to water, so I am so proud of how far you have come. I am very glad you get to do swimming at school. XxMum

    ReplyDelete